Business Intelligence Analyst II
About the position:
The Business Intelligence Analyst II is Responsible preparation and presentation of financial information for review and approval by leadership, develop solutions to ad-hoc analytical and reporting requests utilizing tools and technologies, perform analysis on financial and operation issues, and analyze financial reports to ensure that they provide meaningful information so that sound business decisions can be made. In addition, you are also responsible for identifying, documenting business processes through interviewing clients and reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes. In addition, the Business Analyst will be responsible for designing, implementing and modifying multiple custom applications or modules. Articulates interrelationships and recasts business flow into requirement specifications. Conducts gap analysis to document discrepancies between business requirement and system capabilities. Will develop internal capabilities to evaluate and improve operational processes through the organization. Serves as liaison between business partners and Implementation and Analysis department.
- Collects and researches specific client requirements for projects, identifies requirements and creating business requirements, gathers workflow data and basic system and reporting specifications.
- Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations.
- Actively participates in meetings in setting project milestones working closely with Project Managers and providing decision-making relative to project deliverables and timelines.
- Identifies opportunities for business process improvement, makes associated recommendations.
- Create or assists with the creation and execution of test scripts to ensure that production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes, or upgrades.
- Accomplishes all work within established Software Development Life Cycle methodology and standards.
- Capable of prioritizing and scheduling diversified workload.
- Review and update policies and procedures.
- Mentors and direct Business Analyst I.
Education and Experience:
- Strong ability to rapidly assimilate complex data and make decisions
- Sensitive to deadlines and strive to deliver quality information in a timely manner while handling multiple priorities
- General application of concepts, techniques, and standards in business analysis as well as IT principles and practices
- Must have ability to understand business functionality and translate it into application and business and functional requirements
- Facilitate discussions and business requirements with internal and external clients
- Must demonstrate excellent professional communication skills through clearly written, concise and comprehensive documentation
- High attention to detail
- Understanding of various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile and Waterfall)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 5-7 years Business Analysis related experience preferred
- Ongoing study with view to Business Analyst professional certification
- Healthcare industry a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills