Strategic Account Manager
Individuals in this leadership role will engage with strategic accounts to be the trusted advisor, bringing together expertise and thought leadership to shape solutions and to solve the most critical business needs of our members and clients. Responsible for the development and implementation of an overall strategic account strategy, this leader will build executive client relationships to establish a partnership driving value for 's members ensuring they are the "winners" in today's rapid healthcare reform environment.
In this role, this individual will focus on maximizing the value of the owner/ relationship, with a significant focus on:
- Shaping strategies to drive cost reductions
- Improving quality and reducing harm
- Identifying consultative opportunities
- Increasing growth in adoption of all tools and services
In addition, this individual will leverage existing leadership, sale and delivery resources as part of the overall account strategy. When appropriate, subject-matter-experts and various other staff will be coordinated and managed by this individual in efforts related to opportunity pursuits or in achieving delivery excellence.
This individual will be supported by the product sales staff, consulting services expertise, and in-house business function teams to maintain high levels of member satisfaction a d to grow 's business broadly. In return, this individual will be expected to provide leadership with regular progress updates and be aware of and actively managing a multitude of aspects of the member/ relationship.
To be successful, this person should possess an understanding and competencies in:
- Healthcare reform
- Cost reduction (supply chain/labor)
- Improvements in quality and care delivery (level of care/length of stay/waste avoidance, etc.)
- Healthcare informatics and how to leverage data into actionable information consumed by administrators
- Knowledge (or show propensity to quickly learnt e intricacies) of the healthcare delivery strategy of the associated IDNs
- Consistently demonstrating the ability to respond and engage both internal and external customers with a high sense of urgency and professionalism
- Have existing, trusted advisor relationships with executives both in and outside of the alliance
- Account Management Planning and Revenue Growth
- Develop and executes a comprehensive plan to drive revenue growth through deeper, complex offerings leveraging 's tools and services
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships with key executive stakeholders including formal and informal decision-makers designed to address needs and help members close gaps by positioning appropriate tools and services.
- Intimately understand sand works within 's strategic management structure (field/sales/ PP SME's) to ensure business success (revenue growth).
- Serves as an executive sponsor supporting and liaising with member executives to support the implementation team(s) for any new products/services.
- Develops and implements an account plan to increases overall satisfaction and knowledge of strategic direction and underlying offerings.
- Matrix-manages resources to exceed customer's needs and achieve revenue growth goals
- Engages peers across the enterprise to maintain relevant knowledge and brings forward best practices in cost, quality, safety and collaboration
- BS Degree required; Master’s preferred
- A minimum of 10 years healthcare and related experience, including demonstrated team building and leadership, exceptional verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous supply chain, business development, and customer retention.
- Consulting industry experience with growth and engagement economics responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of account management and Demonstrated expertise in creating profitable growth in managed business development strategies in an advisory selling
- Business acumen and strategic advisor capabilities
- Understanding of Value-Based Care, Supply Chain, and Clinical Optimization
- Demonstrated expertise in creating profitable growth in managed accounts
- Executive Presence—confident around senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize important activities and optimize resources
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining high level of communication