Key Role on a New Sales & Client Partnerships Team at the Tipping Point of Dramatic Growth
Build Relationships and Connect our Proven and Innovative Programs to Stakeholder Value
You understand the power of relationships and trust, employ a creative approach to internal problem-solving, and bring sharp insight into what's important to clients. Now is the time to bring your career to Our client - here's why:
- You'll join a successful, expanding organization at the inflection point where our growth becomes exponential.
- We're making significant investments in growth, including building out a new high-profile team of business development and account management executives, which you will join and help shape.
- Leveraging strong proof of concept and other differentiating value propositions, we have driven strong growth with a lean sales organization . . . you'll be able to build on that momentum and make your own mark.
- You'll support our paradigm-changing model, which is proven to help members and their families enjoy improved health and a better quality of life while also reducing total claims paid by our health plan customers by 50%.
- We're still small enough that you can make a significant impact, and our growth is creating opportunities for strong performers.
Our client leads the health care industry in improving health and reducing claims costs for health plan members with behavioral health conditions that cause or exacerbate co-existing medical conditions. Their program, a 52-week intensive outpatient program, treats an overlooked population: members suffering from behavioral health conditions such as substance use disorder, anxiety and depression and comorbid chronic conditions that are exacerbated by the untreated behavioral health condition. We take a whole-person treatment approach that involves integrated behavioral/medical care, provider coordination, member skill building, and long-term reinforcement. Although these members are typically care-avoidant, we routinely see outcomes of improved health and increased resiliency for our members and dramatically reduced claims costs for our health plan partners.
You will report to the Vice President, Client Relationships and partner with internal colleagues, particularly the Member Relationship Department, which runs program delivery. Initially, this will be an
individual contributor position, but growth could create the need for staff that may report to you.
We're looking for an experienced and consultative leader who can effectively deliver program messaging according to the client audience and build and maintain trusted relationships with client stakeholders. You will be accountable for:
- Developing and deepening key relationships within health plan, employer group or health benefit consultant clients through program education and sharing perspectives and insights.
- Supporting target client account objectives as a part of the Client Partnerships team.
Strong leadership is a key component of this role, and you'll leverage your deep cross-functional knowledge and a proactive, collaborative approach both internally and externally. You will positively represent Client Partnerships as a subject matter expert across the Our client enterprise; integral to your success will be collaboration with business unit leads throughout the organization, e.g. operational, provider network, analytics, finance and sales functions. You'll also assist the Member Relationship Department (MRD) leadership, who are responsible for clinical program delivery, with the implementation of new client accounts, and the oversight of ongoing service level requirements.
- Developing positive, collaborative relationships with client leadership and connecting program value to stakeholder value.
- Attending and presenting at quarterly joint operating committee (JOC) meetings at client locations, positively representing Our client' program delivery and demonstrating a strong capability to tie the program components to specific patient outcomes through case study presentations.
- Effectively describing the program comprehensively to client business and clinical teams, including program and case management leaders and executives. You'll position the program and leverage its results against client operational, clinical and financial goals.
- Delivering strategies (education, information and/or resources) designed to enhance client collaboration. You'll act as the client's subject matter expert and advocate to ensure the client-specific needs are internally serviced efficiently and effectively.
- Driving the successful onboarding of new client accounts through virtual and in-person meetings and in-services, building positive first impressions of Our client and confidence in our program(s) with client leadership and their teams.
- Guiding the client and internal stakeholders to define and develop new processes within MRD and/or operations that are required for satisfaction of client contractual terms or operational needs, to ensure client performance objectives and expectations are met/exceeded.
- Resolving client issues as they arise and facilitating new process development with MRD/operations as needed.
- Monitoring and analyzing outcomes and results, in collaboration with Our client' leadership team, and developing plans for course-correction as needed.
- A minimum of a 4-year degree in health care, business or another related field, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant health care experience, including:
- Program development.
- A track record of growing accounts.
- Health plan and managed care experience, or experience calling on health plans, such as a clinical client liaison or key account management role in a health care services organization.
- Strong knowledge of the business of managed care and a keen understanding of what drives customer decisions; top candidates will bring established industry contacts.
- A demonstrated ability to be a thought leader in behavioral and managed healthcare, and to serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to executive-level business decision makers.
- An understanding of complex sales cycles is a plus.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with customers and colleagues across organizational levels to sustain a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Solid proficiency in MS Office applications; experience with a CRM system (ideally SalesForce) is preferred.
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Strong emotional intelligence and proven finesse in solving complex problems.
- Proven strong leadership skills with the ability to think at the strategic level and execute at the tactical level.
- A highly collaborative approach, as well as the ability to achieve individual goals autonomously.
- A high degree of comfort with ambiguity and comfort working in a dynamic, changing, fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Grace under fire and the ability to think on your feet.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a results orientation.
- Articulate and polished written, verbal, and interpersonal and presentation communication skills.
- A professional and confident demeanor with the ability to interact effectively at an executive level.
- Professionally mature decision-making skills.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
You will work out of your home office, and you can live anywhere in the US as long as you are near a major airport. You'll need to be willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time to attend client meetings. For the most part, travel will be planned well in advance.